​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Admissions Requirements​​

Students must be cer​tified in nuclear medicine through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) or the ​American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) prior to admittance into this program.

Academic Credentials

It is the expectation that students applying for entrance into a graduate program will submit any of the following for admission consideration:

  • Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended

  • Attested credentials from a University-recognized document verification agency of all college-level work (i.e., Centralized Application Service application).

Admission into Graduate Programs

Application procedures vary by program and interested graduate student candidates, regardless of program or degree-seeking status, should fill out the application form for the specific program where they plan to take classes as well as meet the individual program application requirements and procedures described in their chosen graduate programs’ section of the catalog.

A student may challenge his/her admission status by appealing to the Graduate Student Academic Standards Committee.

Admission Policy

The University of Findlay takes matters of falsification or omission of information on the admission application seriously. Falsification or omission of any admission-related data includes, but is not limited to, high schools attended, colleges or universities attended, and GPAs or GRE/GMAT scores submitted. If any falsification or omission of information on the admission application is discovered during the admission process, the application, at the sole option of the University, may be considered null and void and may be rejected. If any falsification or omission of information on the admission application is discovered after admission has been granted, that granting of admission, at the sole option of the University, may be immediately rescinded, and the applicant’s student status may be terminated.

The University of Findlay reserves the right to make program and admission requirement changes without prior notice.

Office of International Admissions and Services

The Office of International Admissions and Immigration Services evaluates all transcripts earned from institutions outside the United States. For further information, please contact:

University of Findlay

Office of International Admissions and Immigration Services

1000 North Main Street, Findlay, Ohio 45840 USA

E-mail: [email protected]

Phone: 419-434-4558

FAX: 419-434-5507

Note Regarding International Credentials

Standards for admission to undergraduate and graduate programs are not consistent throughout the world or from country to country. When evaluating foreign credentials for graduate admission, a completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution may not be an appropriate benchmark. Depending upon the system of education in a particular country, other factors must be used to determine equivalency for graduate admission purposes: duration of study in terms of hours per day and months per year, type of institution, degrees awarded, course of study, access to next level of education within the country, accreditation, license, Ministry of Education (MOE) recognition, certification of competency or examination results. Depending upon the length of the secondary education (12 to 14 years), a three-year baccalaureate degree in some countries may be considered the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree (16 years). In addition, some three-year baccalaureate degrees require study throughout the entire calendar year and also may be considered the equivalent of the U.S. baccalaureate degree for graduate admission.

Undergraduate Students Enrolling in Graduate Courses

An undergraduate student, not enrolled in pharmacy, at The University of Findlay who wishes to enroll in graduate courses may do so under the following conditions: 1) the student must be within his/her last semester of undergraduate coursework; 2) the student must have all major, minor and/or competency requirements satisfied; 3) the student must be on the undergraduate graduation list for the semester he/she wishes to enroll at the graduate level and 4) the student may not take more than nine semester hours of graduate course work. Students enrolled in the College of Pharmacy wishing to enroll in graduate-level courses, must meet the dual enrollment eligibility requirements as well as adhere to the contract requirements as listed within the College of Pharmacy; they are also eligible to take up to 12 credits of graduate courses in the other degree pathway, prior to becoming a P5 student.

Transfer Student Policy

A student applying for transfer admission to The University of Findlay must be in good academic standing as a graduate student at the accredited post-secondary institution that he/she attended prior to application. A student under academic suspension or dismissed from another institution will not be admitted to The University of Findlay until eligible to return to the former institution.

Non-Degree Seeking

Students may be allowed to take individual classes without planning to pursue a degree depending on the program. Programs that permit non-degree-seeking students to register for individual classes without seeking a degree are the Master of Arts in Education, the Master of Arts in TESOL and Applied Linguistics, the Master of Arts of Rhetoric and Writing, and the Master of Business Administration. Non-degree students should follow standard application procedures for these graduate programs in order to take classes within these programs.

Online Learning​​

The University of Findlay serves those who wish to earn academic degrees by taking online courses. Students attending Findlay can complete various undergraduate as well as graduate degrees in the online learning environment.

In addition, individual online courses in various programs are offered each academic semester, giving those seeking a degree the opportunity to supplement the traditional classroom experience with online learning.

The University of Findlay is part of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), and as such, is restricted to recruiting and educating online students from states that are also members of NC-SARA or in which formal approval to offer online education is not required (e.g., CA). Therefore, students residing outside of the state of Ohio at the time of their enrollment in online education must reside in a SARA approved state​ or California. A student not residing in an approved state will not be eligible to enroll in online course offerings.

For additional information on NC-SARA, and the University of Findlay’s compliance therein, please refer to https://www.findlay.edu/about-uf/stateauthorizations.​