​​​​​​​​Substance Use Disorder ​

Substance use disorders impact individuals in all fields including business, healthcare, government and education. Findlay's substance use disorder courses teach students the complexities faced by those suffering from substance use disorders. Courses can be taken individually, or students can add the substance use disorder minor to a bachelor's degree.

By taking substance use disorder courses offered at the Unive​rsity of Findlay, you will gain an understanding of how to help individuals recover from substance use disorders. This multi-disciplinary area of study encompasses the biological, psychological, sociological, spiritual and economic aspects of all types of addictions. Only professionals currently working in the field of addictions teach the courses.

How the Program Works

Our program is ideal for students pursuing a degree in any academic areas that require interaction with the public. We also recommend this program for current University faculty/staff as well as community members who would like to be more educated on the topic. Courses are offered in the evenings to work within the busy schedule of non-traditional students.

Both the substance use disorder minor and certificate consist of a minimum of 18 semester hours which includes four core courses and two elective courses. Non-degree seeking students who would like to take one or several of the substance use disorder core courses are welcome as well. To view substance use disorder course information, the curriculum for the minor or certificate,​ please visit the links below:

Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA) Certification

Students who complete the substance use disorder minor or certificate will be eligible to apply for Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA) certification. During the final course of the minor and certificate, students will receive assistance while filling ou​t the application.

Pharmacy Student Certification

A certificate is available for students in the University of Findlay's pharmacy program upon completion of the minor.

How to Get Started

The University of Findlay's Substance Use Disorder minor/courses follows the general admission standards and procedures for applying to the University of Findlay. To apply now, please click the button below:

We welcome the opportunity to tell you more about our program, discuss the material you will study, introduce you to other faculty and the many opportunities you have at UF. You can schedule your visit through the office of und​ergraduate admissions today and request time with a faculty member!

CEU for Front Line Responders

Vicarious Trauma & Self Care Training

Hancock County Front Line Responders

Presented by Amber Wolfrom, MA, OCPC

To begin:

Once you complete the video:
  • Complete the test and evaluation
  • Return the completed test and evaluation to:

​For Hanco:

Craig Spieker at [email protected] or drop-off or mail to:

Hanco, 417 Sixth Street, Findlay, OH 45840

  • The date on the CEU credit will be the date the completed test was received

For questions regarding the video, contact Amber Wolfrom at 419-424-1985.  For questions regarding the CEU credit, contact Craig Spieker at 419-423-2912.