While the University staff will do everything in its power to provide a safe environment for the students and employees, we need your help as well. Please adhere to the following precautions to help protect yourself and your property:
- Keep your room door locked at all times, even if you will be gone for a short time or will be just down the hall. Also lock your door when asleep. The relatively few thefts which occur on University of Findlay campus are usually the result of unlocked residence hall rooms.
- Identify your belongings by engraving, recording serial numbers and even taking pictures. Record this information in a safe place.
- Do not prop doors open which should be shut and locked. If you see a propped door, please shut it.
- Question the presence of unescorted strangers in hallways. Call Campus Police/Campus Security or a Residence Life Staff member for assistance.
- Walk in groups, especially at night. Security escorts are available from Campus Police/Security upon request.
- Do not burn candles or incense, use electric heaters of any type, use open element cooking appliances or overload electrical outlets in order to prevent fires.
- Do not tamper with fire equipment, including room smoke detectors, hallway smoke detectors and pull stations or fire extinguishers. Students found guilty of such tampering are subject to immediate suspension.
- Vehicles - Keep valuables locked in the trunk.
- Bicycles - Use a heavy duty lock, i.e., Master Lock Secure-Fit U Lock or heavy cable with a Master Lock.