Student Concerns​

Formal written student concerns and complaints​ shall be filed with the Oiler Success Center. The University of Findlay will maintain a log of these concerns and complaints and their disposition. Records will be limited to complaints or concerns made formally in writing, signed by the student and addressed to the administrative office named above. Students may also submit an online form through Guardian*:​

*Students must be logged into Guardian in order to access the formal complaints and concerns form. 

Students taking online classes at the University of Findlay who are from out-of-state should attempt to resolve any academic issues or complaints with the University first. If after following the University’s complaint procedures and the issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your state by referring to the state agencies below. This is in compliance with the Federal Department of Education’s State Authorization Regulations.

View the list of State Ag​encies​. This PDF document is also available on the State Authorization Network webpage.​

The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) is responsible for responding to formal complaints against public, independent non-profit and proprietary institutions of higher education in Ohio. Individuals may file an online complaint form. Individuals who have filed a complaint to the ODHE may contact (614) 466-6000 or [email protected] or Matt Exline at (614) 728-3095 or mexline​