Canvas has an active user community, which has been invaluable throughout this evaluation process. Anecdotally, common themes amongst Canvas users are that the LMS provides improved feedback/communication tools and easier access to system and learning analytics. The SpeedGrader and communication tools within seem invaluable to them. Since the platform is so intuitive, faculty report having more time to engage with students in meaningful ways.
Here are a few highlights from Canvas' Research & Education page:
Who's Using Canvas?
Notable National Schools/Systems
- Bowling Green State University*
- Case Western Reserve University*
- John Carroll University
- Lorain County Community College
- Marion Technical College
- Miami University
- Ohio State University*
- Rhodes State College*
- Terra State Community College
- Xavier University
*Interviewed by project members.
- Seattle Pacific University
- Stanford University
- Yale University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin System*
Canvas has shared a collection of short videos from users who have switched, why they switched and why they like Canvas.
Utah State University
From the Canvas Community