Cleaning and Disinfecting
The University will employ increased cleaning protocols and expects the cooperation of all members of the campus community to contribute to helping keep campus clean and disinfected. These protocols include
- Daily electrostatic cleaning of all buildings and increased regular cleaning of frequently-touched surfaces.
- Disinfecting protocols at the start of each class, which include wiping down desks and personal areas with disinfectant wipes that will be available in each classroom.
- Daily cleaning of personal residence hall rooms and office spaces by the occupant(s).
- Daily cleaning of shared objects (lab equipment, fitness equipment, computer labs) between uses.
Barriers and Shielding
- Plexiglass has been installed in high traffic areas such as Old Main (e.g. Business Office, Oiler Success Center), Shafer Library, Admissions, and the Bookstore.
- Additional installations have been prioritized and will be placed at high student-traffic areas, check-ins, points of contact, and/or points of sale.
- Plexiglass face shields will be utilized in all labs and in learning environments that require full-facial visibility of the instructor.
- Room capacity for all gathering spaces, including but not limited to offices, rooms, common spaces, and classrooms, will allow for physical distancing of six feet and/or use of barriers (plexiglass or a divider).
- Signage for face-coverings, hand-washing, physical-distancing, and designated building entries and exits will be posted by entrances, exits, and other highly utilized areas. Recommendations established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) will be included.
- Drinking fountains are being replaced with no-touch bottle fillers or are being disabled.