The following policies and requirements have been put in place to protect the health and well-being of all members of our campus and the local community.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Follow the face covering requirements provided later in this document.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially with those who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay at least six feet (about two arms’ length) from other people indoors and outdoors when possible. This includes gathering in groups in enclosed spaces.
- Classrooms will be utilized at 50% capacity whenever possible to promote physical distancing. In addition, plexiglass barriers will be used in certain locations.
- Avoid crowded places and/or gatherings where physical distancing is not possible.
Anyone (including but not limited to all students, employees, contractors, vendors, suppliers and visitors) entering any campus building, including office buildings, academic buildings, recreational facilities, and housing facilities, shall wear an appropriate face covering.
- The face covering must be worn in all classrooms, hallways, public spaces, and common areas, as well as office spaces.
- Face coverings are also required in outdoor settings if safe physical distancing (at least six feet) is not possible.
- In learning environments that require full facial visibility, an instructor may use a plexiglass face shield.
Individuals may supply their own face covering, following guidance from the
. Face coverings will be available for purchase in the UF Bookstore and available for pickup from various locations on campus.
Guidelines for the use of face coverings are as follows:
- Clean your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub before putting on a face covering.
- The face covering should fit snugly around your mouth and nose.
- The face covering should not have an exhaust vent.
- Avoid touching the face covering while using it. If you do touch it, wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Do not wear a face covering when it is damp or when wet from spit or mucus.
- When removing the face covering, handle it only by the ear loops or ties. Do not touch the inside of the face covering.
- After removing the face covering, immediately wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub for 20 seconds or more.
- You should wash your face covering frequently, ideally at the end of each day.
Face coverings are not required to be worn:
- By employees working alone in their offices.
- By students in their residence hall room.
- When participating in activities in which a face covering cannot be worn or would prohibit respiratory function (like eating, drinking, playing a musical instrument or singing, exercising, playing sports).
- By individuals with a federally recognized disability and/or an accommodation that prevents them from wearing a face covering. Exceptions from the state government or other federal guidelines may also apply. Those that need accommodations should contact
Human Resources (employees) or the
Office of Accommodation and Inclusion (students).
Ways to report concerns about compliance:
- Email [email protected] with all details.
- Report a safety concern using UF's online form.
- Contact UF Security at 419-434-4799.