Updated as of August 8, 2022
Face coverings are not required in campus buildings or at campus events. However, the following considerations should be noted:
- Individuals may choose to wear face coverings if they are more comfortable doing so.
- Individuals that are symptomatic, test positive, or are exposed to someone with COVID-19 should wear a face covering. If individuals feel unwell, they should stay home.
- Face coverings will remain required in Cosiano Health Center until further notice.
The University will continue to promote the following preventative measures and observe CDC and Hancock Public Health guidance:
- Encourage/provide access to vaccinations.
- Encourage good hygiene.
- Maintain access to testing:
- Encourage symptomatic individuals to test at home or through Cosiano Health Center. Positive test results must be reported to Cosinao Health Center.
- Continue to follow CDC isolation/quarantine guidance.
- Maintain other mitigation efforts:
- COVID stations in classrooms.
- Sanitizer/masks available in each building.
- Ventilation and cleaning efforts.
The following Hygiene practices are encouraged:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially with those who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.