This is a referral program for all students in the college’s pharmacy program.
Benefits of working as a pharmacy technician during school (or on seasonal breaks) include:
- Gaining a better understanding of medical and pharmacy terminology
- Having real work experience in your field of study
- Becoming a part of a pharmacy team early in your career
- Learning drug names and common practice before entering the classroom setting
- Creating a relationship with a pharmacy business: technician jobs can lead to intern jobs, which can lead to pharmacist jobs
- Having the opportunity to apply to Walgreens’ scholarships through the pharmacy education assistance program (PEAP) program
- Developing a purpose for your studies
- Many, many more!
Once accepted to the College of Pharmacy, your name can be shared with a hiring manager at Walgreens, who will help guide you through the application process for a “technician in training” position