​​​​​Transfer Student ​​​​​​Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What are the requirements for transferring credits? 

A. Students applying for admission to UF must be in good academic standing at the accredited college-level institution which they most recently attended or attend prior to application. Good academic standing generally implies a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.0. A student may challenge his/her admission status by appealing to the Student Academic Standards Committee. Only courses that have been completed with a “C” or better will be transferred into UF. Your Transfer Coordinator can complete an “unofficial” transcript evaluation if you have an official transcript at the time of your visit, but an “official” evaluation can only be completed by the Registrar’s Office after you’ve applied. 

Q. How many hours will transfer from another institution? 

A. Up to 62 approved semester hours will transfer from a two-year institution. There is no limit to the number of approved semester hours that will transfer from a four-year institution. However, bachelor’s degree students must complete at least 30 semester hours of UF coursework toward the total 124-semester hour degree requirement, and associate’s degree students must complete at least 15 semester hours of UF coursework toward the total 62-semester hour degree requirement in order to graduate from UF. In addition, all programs require a minimum number of hours in the major to be taken at Findlay. 

Q. How do I apply as a Transfer Student?

A. The easiest way to apply is here on our website!  To apply as a Transfer Student click h​ere. There are also print applications available at the Office of Admissions in Morey Hall on campus. Please remember to complete a personal statement, which is part of the application, provide an official transcript from your previous institution(s), and provide an official high school transcript. The transcript(s) should be sent to UF in a sealed envelope. 

Q. How can I figure out what classes will transfer into Findlay? 

A. An unofficial transcript evaluation can be completed by the transfer coordinator, however, an official transcript evaluation can only be completed by the Registrar's Office for your final transfer evaluation.  If you would like an unofficial transcript evaluation completed by Transfer Admissions, please fax your transcript to 419.434.4898 (Attn: Transfer Admissions) prior to your first scheduled meeting.  Transfer Admissions will have your evaluation ready for you when you arrive for your scheduled visit on-campus.  If you're an Owens Community College student you can set-up an appointment with Transfer Advisor, Sean Boley, by contacting Owens Enrollment Services at 567-429-3509. 

Q. Where should I have my transcripts sent

A. Please have all official or unofficial transcripts mailed to:
The University of Findlay 
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1000 N. Main Street 
Findlay, OH 45840 
Attn: Records Manager

Q. I'm a veteran.  How do I take advantage of the Post 9/11 GI Bill®?

A. The University of Findlay is proud to participate in the Post 9/11 GI Bill®​!  We're even a Yellow Ribbon School!  For more information, please see click here.

Q. I'm interested in the Pharmacy Program.  What are the requirements?

A. The Pharmacy Program is a direct entry program for qualified high school students.  Transfer students are considered for the program if seats are available after freshmen are placed and they've met the prerequisites to take that seat.  There are also application deadlines for this program.  For more information, please click here.

Q. When do classes start?

A. The University of Findlay is on a semester system.  Fall classes typically begin at the end of August and Spring classes typically begin at the beginning of January. We also offer summer semester courses.  Please see our academic calendar for more details.

Q. How much is tuition? 

A. Click here for information on the current tuition rate.

Q. Are Transfer Scholarships Available? 

A. Yes! The University of Findlay offers one of the largest scholarship packages for transfer students in the state of Ohio. This scholarship is renewable every year as long as you maintain full-time status and at least a 2.0 GPA while attending Findlay.

GI Bill®​​ is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterns Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Contact Us

Office of Admissions  |  419-434-4732  |  [email protected]