Operations and logistics professionals ensure quality products and services are provided to customers in a timely and cost effective manner.
Every company, regardless of size, must create procedures to efficiently process goods and services from the original request to the point of delivery and beyond. At the University of Findlay, students learn a broad range of skills that pertain to business capabilities and operations. Operations and logistics students learn how to plan, design, implement, manage and support activities for virtually any industry.
Findlay's operations and logistics students have found careers as a(n):
Supply chain director
Manager of international operations
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Offered as part of a master's class (MBA 685), Six Sigma Green Belt Certification teaches a statistical approach to business problem solving, which can be used to solve problems like inefficiency in the manufacturing industry.
Qualified to work in a variety of areas - As a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an Operations and Logistics Emphasis, you will have many employment options in front of you. You will be qualified to work in a number of areas such as business operations, procurement, purchasing and inventory, warehousing, distribution, customer support, and transportation.
- Pairs well with other subjects - Our program is flexible and pairs well with a number of other subjects, allowing students to individualize their degree to best fit their career goals. Students pursuing the Marketing Emphasis have the opportunity to complement their degree with a minor or double-major in other areas of business which include hospitality management, marketing, public relations, and wellness and exercise promotion.
- Valuable Internships - Internships are encouraged throughout the program in order to gain practical experience and professional networking.
- Work on real projects for real clients - With a strong focus on experiential learning, you will have opportunities to build up your resume by working on real projects for real clients.
Courses & Curriculum
At the University of Findlay, we are preparing the next generation of business leaders by providing them with both the foundational skills and in-depth knowledge required to be successful in the world of business. Undergraduate students in the College of Business work towards earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in an area of their choosing. A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an Operations and Logistics Emphasis from the University of Findlay, will allow you to develop a critical and analytical thought process in order to successfully operate in our increasingly global world. Click the buttons below to view the courses and curriculum in catalog.
Operations and logistics graduates have found employment at:
- General Electric
- Norfolk Southern
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- Crown Equipment
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Hercules Tire & Rubber Co., Inc.
Outside of the Classroom
Networking and hands-on learning opportunities at Findlay are endless. Here are a few ways our students gain experience outside of the classroom:
The University of Findlay College of Business Dana Chair/Scholar Program provides business students the opportunity to connect higher education with the real world of business. Dana Scholars are chosen each semester by the College of Business faculty and are recognizes as outstanding students for their academic and leadership skills. Dana Scholars network with and learn from an area business professional who serves as the Dana Chair for the academic year. Delta Mu Delta
Delta Mu Delta is the exclusive business honor society recognized by the ACBSP that encourages academic excellence of students at qualifying colleges and universities to create a DMD community that fosters the well-being of its individual members and the business community through life-time membership.
Oiler Enterprises provides students with opportunities to work in and run their own business, gain valuable life and business skills, enhancing their academic experience, and prepare them for productive careers. Any student at the university is welcome to get involved in some manner, whether it as an employee, manager or developer of a business. Students interested in developing a business are encouraged to write a business plan and present the idea to the Oiler Enterprises Board for approval.