A priority for the College of Business is to provide our students with opportunities to make meaningful connections with the business community and to ensure the College of Business is providing area businesses with the type of new employees who would thrive within their company. This can be accomplished by creating business partnerships with a variety of businesses in Northwest Ohio. Not only will this benefit the students, but it will also be beneficial to the business community.
- Enhance the student experience. Provide students with internship and employment opportunities. Provide students with a true business experience.
- Expose businesses to the College of Business: Get businesses on campus so they can see what we have to offer and advocate for the College of Business and the University of Findlay.
- Create true partnerships: Build relationships with area businesses where both parties benefit from a reciprocal relationship. Students gain experience and networking opportunities. Business partners can contribute to the development of students and gain exposure to the top talent in the Findlay area.
- A set number of internships, co-ops, and/or employment opportunities each year.
- Opportunities for our students to engage with and interact with (workshops, networking events, etc.)
- Opportunities for students to job shadow
- Participation in mock interviews
- Serving in an advisory capacity for various areas of study
- Feedback on student performance
What COB provides:
- Access to some of the top talent in Findlay, OH
- Discounted professional development workshops (UF faculty)
- Discounted use of CBSL facility
- Tuition incentives for COB academic offerings
- Advertising: company name/logo on UF website
- Recognition on campus
- Employer Spotlight sessions/Promo Days (various levels)
- Participation in panel discussions
- Guest speaking in classes
- Student project teams to work on your initiatives
- Special recognition at UF job fair
- Employer office hours (remote office space)
Business Partnerships Program Participants