Add an early childhood license to your degree
An early childhood license in Ohio allows you to teach children age 3 through grade 3.
If you already hold a bachelors degree from a nationally accredited institution then you may qualify for our post baccalaureate licensure program.
Our post baccalaureate early childhood licensure consists of:
- Completion of Ohio Department of Education approved licensure curriculum (individual curricula dependent upon approved transferrable coursework)
- 3 level assessments (linked to coursework)
- The following state required tests: Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Early Childhood (#001), Early Childhood Education (#012), OAE Early Childhood Special Ed (Pre-Kindergarten Special Endorsement) (#013)
Students must maintain a 3.00 GPA and pass all three level assessments and state required tests to earn a Letter of Program Completion.
Diversify yourself even more by adding:
- 3 additional education courses and passing two OAE subtests to earn your Grade 4 and 5 Endorsement
- 4 graduate education courses to earn your Master of Arts in Education
Interested in talking to a professor? Contact Prof. Melissa Recker, email@example.com, 419-434-4314.