Are you looking to change careers and make an impact in your community? Join the field of Education and make a difference in childrens lives. Graduates with any Bachelors degree can join Findlays post-baccalaurete licensure program to start moving their career path in a new direction.
Who Do You Want to Teach?
- Early Childhood Education: (ages 3 through 8)
- Teach children in the early childhood years. These young students are typically filled with curiosity, energy and a sense of wonder about the world around them.
- Middle Childhood Education: (grades 4-9)
- Teach students in middle childhood. You will choose two different content areas. Middle Childhood students are very diverse and are really starting to form their own opinions.
- Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA): (grades 7-12)
- Teach students in high school. You will choose one content area. High school students are likely going through life changes and benefit from an environment where their work is valued, appreciated and used as learning tools.
- Multi-Age Education: (grades kindergarten-12)
- Teach students over a wide range of ages and grades.
- Intervention Specialist: (grades kindergarten-12)
- Teach students with mild to moderate disabilities.
Tony Fenstermaker, Superintendent of McComb School District
"I got my undergraduate degree in communication, and I briefly
did work in the field. I always had an interest in working with students and I
didn’t see that I was going to be able to cross paths if I kept in a career of
communication so I took a leap of faith and went into education. I think taking a risk is what helped provide some of the
reward I have. I could have just cautiously went after what I know but I went
into an area I didn’t know much about and I think that’s what contributed to
my success "