Winebrenner Theological Seminary (located on the University of Findlay campus)
950 N. Main St.
Findlay, OH 45840
The comments on the 2018 conference were overwhelmingly positive! Also, 100% of those who attended stated they would recommend SMEC to their colleagues. Other comments included:
- "Excellent speakers, very comfortable venue, close to home and good food!"
- "Very cost effective. Well organized."
- "Good speakers, comfortable room and good snacks!"
- "This was a great first seminar – I look forward to next year!"
- "Loved everything, will come back every year!"
2019 Conference Topics
Carotid Artery: Evaluation and Emerging Applications
Jim Baun, BS, RDMS, RVT, University of Findlay Instructor and Clinical Coordinator, Vascular Sonography
Importance, Benefits and Limitations of Cervical Sonography
Jay D. Iams, MD, Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Ohio State University
Current Trends in Prostate Evaluation
Donald L. Smith Jr., MD, Office of Executive Urology
Hot Topics in Ergonomics
Kevin D. Evans, Ph.D., R.T., (R)(M)(BD), RDMS, RVS, FSDMS, FAIUM, Professor, Division Director, Ohio State University, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
The Role of Sonography in Infertility
Amber Rychener, CNP, Infertility Specialist, ProMedica Physicians Sunforest Obstetrics | Gynecology
Animal Heart Research
Vicky Moore, RDCS, FASE, Research Cardiovascular Sonographer II, Cardiovascular Imaging Core Research Laboratory (CICRL)
Congestive Heart Failure
Pamela Gardner, DO, FACC, Cardiologist
For additional information, please contact Tammy Stone at 419-434-5886 or [email protected].
2019 SMEC Committee Members
- Susan Perry, M.Ed., RDMS - Director and Instructor of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs, Conference Director
- Heather Duval-Foote, MAE, RDMS - Instructor and Clinical Coordinator for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Susan Watters, MAE, RDMS, RVT - Instructor and Clinical Coordinator for Vascular Sonography
- Jen Branson-Scala - Administrative Assistant, Diagnostic Services
- Tammy Stone - Administrative Assistant, Diagnostic Services
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors!
Become a Sponsor!
For sponsorship opportunities for the 2019 Sonography Medical Education Conference (SMEC) please contact Tammy Stone at 419-434-5886 or [email protected].