The Class of 2020 raised $1,976.75 for the Graduating Class Gift and earned 91 philanthropy cords!
Class of 2021, it's your turn! Continue your March to the Arch now!
In your March to the Arch, you're part of a collective force that promotes and supports student development, leadership opportunities, and scholarships.
Your March to the Arch begins with your first service project as a freshman at Oiler Experience Day and continues throughout your time as an Oiler.
In your senior year, your March to the Arch continues with:
Philanthropy Educational Events
- Popcorn & Philanthropy
Pop-in for some free popcorn and a quick rundown on student philanthropy, why it's important, and how you can get involved.
- Donuts & Donations
Etiquette Dinner Training
- Preparing you for much more than a strong handshake and knowing who pays for dinner. Learn how proper etiquette could mean the difference between your best first impression or your worst.
- Whether you take it upon yourself to serve in our local community or join us on dedicated service days, these service hours not only help fulfill the requirements to earn your philanthropy cord, but they look great on your resume. Log your service hours.
Supporting Fellow Students
- Each year the Graduating Class Gift Findlay Forward Scholarship benefits a student in need. Rising to the Challenge, a 3-point basket shooting contest held at halftime during a men's basketball game each fall, takes place with representatives from each of UF's six colleges. The competition decides which academic area the scholarship will be distributed. Each class gives their gift in the amount of their graduating year, or more. Give $20.21 or more to support the Graduating Class Gift Findlay Forward Scholarship.
Earning Your Philanthropy Cord for Commencement
Why Give to the Graduating Class Gift?
Someone Did it for You
Each year alumni and graduating seniors give back to enhance the student experience. Help pay it forward!
A Little Bit Makes a Big Difference
We ask that you give at least $20.21 to the Graduating Class Gift because that's your graduating year and it can truly make an impact. Think about it this way. There are more than 500 students in your graduating class. If each student gives $20.21 you could collectively raise over $10,000!Think You Don't Have Enough to Give?
Did you know that for $20.21 you can get...
4.1 caramel lattes from Jazzman's3.1 Chipotle chicken burritos
2.8 Dynamite Hissho sushi rolls2 Months of Netflix
Earn Your Philanthropy Cord
Show your support for the Graduating Class Gift and the Findlay community by earning a philanthropy cord to wear at the spring commencement ceremony. There are three simple components to earn yours.
Review the steps to earn your philanthropy cord.
Every year graduating seniors give back to help the fellow students. Let's continue this amazing tradition!
Ways to Give
- Make your gift online by clicking the button above and entering "Findlay Forward Scholarship" for the designation.
- Drop off a check or cash in one of following locations:
- SGA Office, Alumni Memorial Union;
- University Advancement Office,
- UF Pavilion, 415 College Street;
- Wolfe Center for Alumni, Parents and Friends/Stout Alumni House, 1015 N. Main St.
Contact the Office of Annual Giving at
[email protected] or 419-434-4008.