Our people are our strongest asset at the University of Findlay. There are many resources and benefits available to employees of UF. This page has information about upcoming Human Resources-related events, HR-related forms, the employee handbook, and other resources. As always, if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retirement Plan is Now An Opt-In Plan - All Eligible Employees Must Opt-In to Retirement Benefits
You can opt-in to the University's Retirement Plan beg. Keep in mind that you can opt-in and/or opt-out of the University's retirement plan at any point throughout the year. We have made this quick handout on how to use Workday to opt-in to your retirement. Instructions on How to Opt In to Retirement.pdf
Here is the breakdown of the contribution levels for the new retirement plan:
- The new retirement plan is an opt-in plan, which means you must enroll in the plan to receive retirement benefits. You will not be automatically enrolled in the retirement plan. However, you do not have to enroll in the University's retirement plan. It is your choice based on your personal finances and retirement goals. There will be an initial enrollment period during which you can opt-in to the retirement plan coming in December. The Office of Human Resources will communicate when those dates are once they have been finalized.
- You can contribute additional funds above the 3% toward your retirement through a supplemental contribution at any time. You can adjust or begin a supplemental contribution at any time through Workday by selecting the “Benefits" worklet on your dashboard.
- Anything you put toward retirement through the University's retirement plan is pre-tax funds. If you enroll in a supplemental retirement plan, you can choose if those funds are pre-tax or post-tax.
- You will enroll in the new retirement plan through the Benefits worklet in Workday once the retirement plan has been updated in the system. We will be sending more information out soon on when you can enroll in the retirement plan.
- There will also be several open sessions during which we will have members of the Office of Human Resources available to help you enroll in the retirement plan and set up supplemental contributions if you choose. Look for dates on those sessions soon as well.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help.
Medical Benefits Related Information/Forms
Handbook and Resources:
Human Resources Forms:
Tuition and Application Guide Information: