The Office of Student Activities and Student Activities Board are proud to co-sponsor UF's "Celebrating U.S. Veterans" with the Office of Alumni, Parents & Friends, Campus Ministries, the Office of Veteran Services, and the Wellness Program.
Veteran's Day Celebration - November 11, 2019
Prayer at the Flag Pole
Old Main Flag Pole
Prayer led by Campus Ministries
College of Business/Student Life Center
*Immediately following the ceremony, current students, faculty, staff & alumni who have served, or are serving, in the U.S. Armed Forces will be read.
"A New Leash on Life: The K-9s for Warriors Story"
Winner of 4 Emmy's in December of 2018, 3 Telly Awards in June 2019 & currently seen on American Public Television Stations
Watch trailer here!
7:00pm - Program begins
- Viewing of the movie (60 minutes)
- Talk back with soliders, service dogs & spouses featured in film moderated by President of SAB Haley Ganger
- Special presentation made by Marathon Petroleum
- Live Auction (please see album below!)
- Meet & Greet with the soliders, service dogs & spouses featured in film (DVD's available for purchase; $18.00 cash only)
*The first 25 students to arrive with valid UF ID will receive a DVD.
Event location: Winebrenner TLB Auditorium; 950 N. Main St.; Findlay, Ohio
Admission: Community welcome at no charge, free-will donations will be accepted & will go toward the funding of UF's dog "Hancock"
*Donations will be accepted throughout the evening. Checks should be made out to "K-9s for Warriors." In the memo section, "UF's dog Hancock".
*Student Activities Board & the Wellness Program are excited to be hosting this very special event on Veteran's Day. For the last two years, these two organizations have been actively fundraising to sponsor two service dogs to be matched with two U.S. Veterans. The financial goal is to reach $30,000.00. With the generous support of many Hancock County organizations & individual private donations, we are on our way to reaching this goal! Anyone interested in donating online may go to the following link: Support K-9s for Warriors. Or, donations will be accepted in person during this scheduled event.
Co-sponsors: University of Findlay's Student Activities Board & University of Findlay's Wellness Program.
Auction Items Gallery (click on first picture!)
Thank you to the following businesses:
- KeyAds for generously donating digital advertising throughout Findlay & Hancock County.
- WFIN & The Courier for providing promotional advertising.
-WBVI 96.7 FM for providing promotional advertising.
- Bistro on Main for hosting the cast of A New Leash on Life: The K-9s for Warriors Story.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites for providing accommodations.
- East of Chicago Pizza, College First Church of God, AJ's Heavenly Pizza, Jack & Jin's Restaurant, MoneyGram & Smoke-N-Stuff for granting permission to post U.S. Flags.
*Flags honoring our veterans will fly on campus from Saturday, November 9 through Friday, November 15, 2019 (weather permitting).
UF & K9s for Warriors Journey
Call: 419-434-4606 (ext.4606 on campus)
Visit us in Office 8A located in The Alumni Memorial Union