The Physical Therapy Program works very hard to give you the best education possible! Here are some areas we are proud to talk about:
Program Offerings & Highlights
- We offer a 3+3 program; three years of pre-professional study (general education and pre-requisites) and three years of professional study (PT program curriculum).
- We are one of two in the nation that offers a Weekend PTA to DPT Bridge Program for Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) to obtain their DPT degree.
- We offer dedicated classroom and laboratory spaces with faculty-to-student clinical laboratory course ratio of 16:1.
- In 2016, over 22 student/faculty research projects we accepted for publication or presentation at state or national venues. Our faculty has an average of 18 years of clinical experience and 9 years of teaching experience.
- Service-learning opportunities include a six-week pro-bono clinic for treatment of adults and children with neurological diagnoses, local screening for fall risk and developmental delay, a trip to Honduras to provide locals with pro-bono PT services, and a trip in planning phases to provide service to residents of an Indian reservation in the western US.
- We have a state of the art research laboratory including a 3-dimensional gait analysis system.
Faculty in the Physical Therapy Program work collaboratively with
to host skills building workshops to help students with resume writing, interviewing skills, and techniques for negotiating. A job fair welcoming local and regional employers provides the students with the opportunity to practice networking skills and to research employment options post-graduation.
Our graduates can work in a variety of settings including: hospitals, schools, nursing homes, home health, rehabilitation centers, outpatient clinics and educational institutions.
Findlay's PT students taking the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) have a two-year (2016 and 2017) ultimate pass rate of:
- 95.4% for the Traditional DPT Program
- 96.4% for the Weekend PTA to DPT Bridge Program
Graduation & Employment Rate
Average graduation rate in 2017 and 2018:
- 90.4% for the Traditional DPT Program
- 87% for the Weekend PTA to DPT Bridge Program
100% employment rates within six months of licensure in both Traditional DPT and Weekend PTA to DPT Bridge Programs in 2016 and 2017.