The Testing Center is a service that is provided to faculty to assist them with:
- accommodation testing for students registered with OAI
- exam proctoring for students unable to take an exam with their class and the faculty member is unable to find a common time with the student to proctor the exam (i.e. illness, athletic event, academic conference, etc.)
During the week of FINAL EXAMINATIONS space is limited due to ensuring that students registered with the Office of Accommodation and Inclusion receive testing accommodations. Any students requesting to deviate from the Final Examination Schedule must be cleared with the Dean of the College in which the course is offered. Faculty members will be expected to proctor exams for those students that deviate from the schedule.
The Testing Center is committed to providing a secure environment for faculty to have tests monitored. Tests are monitored by the Academic Support Center or Office of Accommodation and Inclusion staff members. Test sessions are monitored with the use of security cameras and TV monitors. Sessions are recorded and are available for review by faculty.
Students receiving permission to take an exam in the Testing Center are responsible for scheduling their test appointments at least 1 business day prior to the test date. Monday appointments need to be scheduled before 5:00 p.m. the Friday before.
The Testing Center is also a test proctoring site for non-UF tests. A $25.00 fee is required for all testing that is not associated with a University of Findlay course. This fee must be paid before taking the exam at the Business Office on the day of the desired test.
To schedule, please call 419-434-5122. Students may also request an exam by going to
Starfish’s Request Help page.
Test Center Rules
- Students should arrive at least 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment to complete the required paperwork. The time allotted for a test begins at the scheduled appointment time. Instructors must approve rescheduled appointments.
- A valid photo ID is required to test.
- Personal needs should be attended to before starting the exam. If a staff member has given permission for a student to leave the testing room that student's testing time does not stop to accommodate time out of the testing room.
- All personal belongings including cell phones and other electronics are to be turned off and left in the locker.
- Hats must be removed and left with personal items.
- Only those materials required for the test are to be on the table.
- The Test Taker is not to talk or distract other students.
- The monitor has the right to investigate if he/she believes that the Test Taker is cheating.
- Irregularities or problems observed by the monitor will be reported to the instructor and reported to Academic Affairs for review.
- Tests are monitored by a staff member with the use of a security camera and TV monitor. All tests are videotaped and are available for faculty to review.
Hours and Location
Appointments need to be made at least 1 business day in advance.
Please call 419-434-5122 to schedule an appointment or raise an
“I need an accommodation” flag in Starfish...
- Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Limited hours for courtesy testing
- Monday-Friday 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-4:00 pm
- Limited summer hours, please call for an appointment.
- Courtesy testing ONLY on Wednesday
Location: Old Main 45
Test Center Request form for Faculty