As a student at the University of Findlay there are numerous service opportunities available to you and resources available to help you become active in service. There are one-time service opportunities and opportunities for you to serve at a nonprofit on an ongoing basis. Several student organizations incorporate service into their normal organization business. Please continue to explore the Office of Service and Community Engagement's website to help you with your service search.
Sign-up for One-Time and Ongoing Service Opportunities
One-time service opportunities often include events and fundraisers for local non-profit organizations. The Office of Service and Community Engagement's staff sends a weekly email of one-time and ongoing service opportunities to any student, faculty, staff member, or community member who requests this email. If you are interested in receiving these weekly emails, please send an email to [email protected]
Student Organizations, Honor Societies, Athletic Teams, and Groups that serve
American Society of Safety Engineers Student Section
Co-ed Cross Country/Track & Field
Co-ed Swimming & Diving
Co-ed Western Equestrian
Delta Mu Delta
Euler Math Club
Explore Our World
Habitat for Humanity
Healthy Kids Day
Helping Hands Across America food drive (with Sodexo)
Kappa Delta Pi
Make Your Mark: UF's Graduating Class Service Day
Oiler Environmental Safety & Health Organization
Oilers Serving Abroad
Orientation Service Project
Physician Assistant Student Society
Pi Theta Epsilon
Reaching Out, Digging Deep
Service Ambassadors Program
Social Work Club
Student Activities Board
Student College of Clinical Pharmacy: A student chapter of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Student Society of Health System Pharmacists
Students Teaching Respect for Individuals with Disabilities Everyday
Thanksgiving Thank You
UF-sponsored Mobile Food Pantry Volunteers
Top Ten to do While Serving:
1. Challenge yourself by stepping outside of your comfort zone!
2. Help others achieve!
3. Play a part in the community’s future!
4. Practice and improve your skills while working for a good cause!
5. Take action and make an impact!
6. Demonstrate pride in UF and yourself!
7. Learn new leadership skills and develop talents!
8. Develop new and lasting friendships!
9. Discover talents and abilities you never knew you had!
10. Have fun!!!
Top Ten Things to Avoid While Serving
1. Doing the exact opposite of the task that you are asked to do
2. Not asking for help when you don’t know what you are doing
3. Discussing confidential matters
4. Hurting yourself or others by not paying attention
5. Showing up late
6. Dressing inappropriately
7. Embarrassing yourself
8. Offending someone
9. Only talking to people you know
10. Not participating and/or not showing up