Welcome to the University of Findlay and to the Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD)! It is our hope to assist you in creating an effective resume, beginning to build a network of people and searching for internships/jobs while you are at the University of Findlay.
Please utilize the new Career Development Handbook found on Blackboard in the Resources tab. This is a useful tool that gives you career-related information to be used while at UF and after graduation. Sign in to Blackboard to begin using the handbook immediately.
The CCPD can assist you in the following ways:
- Help create an American-style resume and cover letter.
- Search for an internship (CPT) or a job after graduation (OPT)
- Prepare for interviews and practice skills through mock interviews
- Learn how to network and utilize resources
- Answer your questions about the CPT process at UF
CPT is an internship, training or temporary employment opportunity that is directly related to your field of study. In order for a CPT request to be processed, the following tasks need to be completed:
- Obtain original job offer letter from the company with a job description and position title
- Complete CPT application form
- Register CPT with a counselor in the CCPD
Please visit the International Admissions office regarding the OPT process and application timeline.
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement link below provides some CPT and OPT information for international students.