Welcome to the University of Findlay and to the Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD)! It is our hope to assist you in creating an effective resume, beginning to build a network of people and searching for internships/jobs while you are at the University of Findlay.
Please utilize the new Career Development Handbook found on the student resources page
. This is a useful tool that gives you career-related information to be used while at UF and after graduation.
The CCPD can assist you in the following ways:
- Help create an American-style resume and cover letter
- Search for an internship (CPT) or a job after graduation (OPT)
- Prepare for interviews and practice skills through mock interviews
- Learn how to network and utilize resources
- Answer your questions about the CPT process at UF
CPT is an internship, training or temporary employment opportunity that is directly related to your field of study. In order for a CPT request to be processed, the following tasks need to be completed:
- Obtain original job offer letter from the company with a job description and position title
- Register CPT with a counselor in the CCPD
- Verify your work eligibility with the DSO in International Admissions
Please visit the office of International Admissions & Immigration Services regarding the CPT
process and application timeline.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services/Students and Employment: Work Authorization
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement link below provides some CPT and OPT information for international students.