​Loan Deferment

Student enrollment information, for students enrolled at The University of Findlay, is handled by National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). 

Periodically each semester, enrollment information is submitted to the NSC. NSC in turn maintains the enrollment information and supplies the enrollment information to various loan agencies. The loan agencies use student status data, obtained from NSC, to determine if a student is eligible for a loan deferment. Each student has an enrollment status of one of the following: full-time, at least half-time, less than half-time or withdrawn. If your loan agency asks you to submit a “request for deferment form,” you should be able to obtain the form from your loan agency. Most large loan agencies have web pages allowing students to download forms as well as a way to access their account information. The deferment request form should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar signed and dated after it has been read carefully. The form will be forwarded to NSC and NSC will notify your loan agency regarding your enrollment status. Additional loan information may be available at the National Student Clearing House website. Please allow several weeks for the processing of loan deferment paperwork.  

If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Office of the Registrar at (419) 434-4556.