​​​​​Transfer/Transient Student Information

Transfer Student Information


Transfer Admission (Undergraduate)

Transferring to The University of Findlay can provide students great benefits in completing their degrees.  Please follow the guidelines below:

Transfer students who are interested in all majors with the exception of Animal Science, Equestrian Studies, Equine Business Management, and Pre-Veterinary Studies should contact the Transfer Coordinator in the Admissions office.

Transfer students who are interested in the majors of Animal Science, Equestrian Studies, Equine Business Management, and Pre-Veterinary Studies should contact the Undergraduate Admissions office.

Application Process

The University of Findlay must receive an official final high school transcript and an official transcript sent directly from each college or university attended by a prospective student. An evaluation of the number of credits and courses accepted for transfer will follow the letter of acceptance. Transfer credit is normally granted when courses taken at an institution accredited by an approved accrediting agency are completed with a grade of "C" or better and are not developmental in nature as defined by The University of Findlay.  Courses completed with a grade of "C-" or lower will not be acceptable. The final decision regarding the acceptance of credit rests with the Office of the Registrar.

Students under academic suspension or dismissal from another institution will not be admitted to Findlay until eligible to return to the former institution. The holder of an associate's degree from an accredited two-year institution can transfer a maximum of 62 semester hours of credit to Findlay and, in most cases, receive junior class status. International students entering The University of Findlay's undergraduate program must submit a TOEFL score of at least 500. International students whose medium of instruction was English at the secondary and/or post-secondary levels may apply for exemption from this requirement.

Transfer of Credits (Graduate)

Students may transfer up to 12 semester hours of credit (completed with a grade of “B-” or better) for graduate work completed at another accredited institution toward a master’s degree at The University of Findlay. Any transfer of credit in excess of 12 semester hours must be reviewed by the program’s director and approved by the Graduate Student Academic Standards Committee.  The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies accepts up to nine semester hours of transfer credit with the approval of the program director.  In rare cases when students have taken ESL Methodology courses at other institutions, the TESOL master’s program may transfer in a maximum of nine credits hours.  For all other TESOL students, the maximum number of transferable hours is six.  

Transient Student Information

Students pursuing graduate or undergraduate degrees at other institutions may take courses at Findlay to apply toward their degree. An approval form is available from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and must be completed and approved by the home institution prior to Findlay registration.