​​​​Transient Coursework

Undergraduate Transient Coursework 


Students desiring to take courses at other institutions must submit a Transient Approval Form​ to the Office of the Registrar. Approval will be limited to the term for which approval is requested. Normal policy is that any approval given is voided if coursework is taken during suspension or dismissal status.  Coursework that is contained within a course already completed (e.g., pre-calculus after passing Calculus I) will not transfer.  Please review the University's Transfer Credit Policy regarding transfer credit policies.

Any student taking a transient course to apply back to The University of Findlay as a replacement of a previously completed course will have his/her transcript adjusted to reflect zero hours of credit and quality points for The University of Findlay course and only the credit hours from the transient course.  Both courses will be flagged on the University transcript as a repeated course and a replacement course respectively.

If you are interested in taking a course as a transient student, please follow these steps:

1.  Identify the course you wish to take from the institution you want to attend,
2.  Complete the Transient Approval Form,
3.  Mail or fax the form to:

        The University of Findlay
        Office of the Registrar
        1000 N Main St
        Findlay OH  45840
        Fax (419) 434-5565 


You will receive a copy of the Transient Approval Form showing acceptance or denial of the requested course.

Upon completion of the course, you will need to request an official transcript be sent from the institution attended to The University of Findlay.  The transcript should be mailed to:

        The University of Findlay
        Office of the Registrar
        1000 N. Main St
        Findlay, OH  45840

​Graduate Transient Coursework


Graduate students desiring to take courses at other institutions must receive prior approval from the graduate program director. Transient credit will be examined to ensure that it is not a duplication of work already completed and that it is appropriate to the graduate program in which the student is enrolled.  Transient approval forms should be submitted to the appropriate graduate program director. The transient approval form will be reviewed by the appropriate graduate program director and then forwarded to the Office of the Registrar.