Prepare to Do Your Best in the Sciences!
Starting college classes, especially those in the sciences, can be a bit daunting. College-level science classes have a different level of challenges and expectations from faculty than perhaps you are used to in high school. This is especially important this year considering the possible gaps with online learning.
To help you prepare for an outstanding start to your college career this fall, the faculty in the Colleges of Sciences, Pharmacy, and Health Professions would like to invite you to participate in the University's third annual Prime the Pump week-long college prep week.
The decision will be made regarding if Prep Week will be held only virtually or in-person. If the event is held in-person, students will stay on campus in the room that will be their actual room this fall. Proper safety, sanitization and social distancing guidelines recommended by the state and local health officials will be followed.
100% of all participants would choose to attend again if given the option and 100% recommend that others attend.
During Prep Week You Will:
- Participate in six hours of daily instruction in the areas of biology and chemistry
- Get to know the biology and chemistry faculty you will be taking classes from during your time at UF
- Participate in fun activities, study skills sessions, and team-building opportunities
- Get to know other new students at UF
- Have fun and get ready to officially start classes on August 16!
All new students majoring in the sciences are encouraged to attend.
Virtual Prep Week - $180 + $15 optional red calculator (recommended for class, students can purchase their own as well)
In-Person Prep Week & Staying On-Campus - $345 (includes housing and meals), $15 optional red calculator
- In-Person Prep Week/Not Staying On-Campus - $180 +$15 optional red calculator
The deadline for registration is July 1. No money is due at the time of registration. Once the decision has been made if Prep Week will be held in-person or virtually, registrants will receive a link to enable them to pay for the camp online.