Prepare to do Your Best in the Sciences!
Starting college classes, especially those in the sciences, can be a bit daunting. College-level science classes have a different level of challenges and expectations from faculty than perhaps you are used to in high school.
To help you prepare for an outstanding start to your college career this fall, the faculty in the Colleges of Sciences, Pharmacy, and Health Professions would like to invite you to participate in the University's fourth annual Prime the Pump week-long college prep week.
This event will be held in person; students may stay on campus in the room that will be their actual room this fall. Proper safety, sanitization and social distancing guidelines recommended by the state and local health officials will be followed.
100% of all participants would choose to attend again if given the option and 100% recommend that others attend.
During Prep Week You Will:
- Participate in six hours of daily instruction in the areas of biology and chemistry
- Get to know the biology and chemistry faculty you will be taking classes from during your time at UF
- Participate in fun activities, study skills sessions, and team-building opportunities
- Get to know other new students at UF in the sciences
- Get to move in early, and get to know the campus
- Have fun and get ready to officially start classes on August 15
- In-Person Prep Week & Staying On-Campus - $350 (includes housing and meals)
Registration for camp will open in March. The camp ends on Friday, August 5 at about 4 pm. There will be no programming or on-campus food options for camp participants after that time. Students may stay (if want to purchase on-campus food, please contact Ms. Fitzpatrick) or go back home until orientation programming begins.