Based on guidance from Governor DeWine, the University will hold in-person Commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 7, 2021, for the Class of 2020 and on Saturday, May 8, 2021, for the Class of 2021.
To stay in-line with safety guidelines, the following processes will be followed:
- Graduates and faculty will attend commencement ceremonies in-person in the Koehler Complex and will follow facial-covering and physical distancing guidelines. They will have the Arch Ceremony processional following Commencement. Unfortunately, families are not permitted in the Koehler Center or at the Arch Ceremony.
- Families will be able to watch the ceremonies live on large screens at several locations throughout campus so the University can ensure the capacity and physical distancing guidelines can be followed.
- Each student can register to receive four tickets for the families to attend. Once the student has registered for tickets, a follow up email will be sent to the student with additional information regarding the building their family will be able to watch the live ceremonies from.
- A traditional graduation rehearsal will not be held this year. Instead, students are asked to arrive no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of their commencement so they can be directed to their seat and receive additional instructions at that time.
- The Commencement and the Arch ceremony will be live-streamed so anyone who is not able to come to campus can be a part of the celebration from the safety of their home.
- Our ability to hold Commencement ceremonies will depend upon the safety protocols and risk level at the time, and circumstances may change. Students will receive important updates about any changes or alterations by email. Students should pay close attention to their email for any information as the date approaches.
We understand that these limitations on Commencement may not allow our students, families and campus community to celebrate fully. However, we hope that by being able to offer our graduates the chance to walk across that stage, hear their name read and then march through the Arch that they are still able to celebrate all that they have accomplished. We are very proud of our Oilers and we are looking forward to this chance to celebrate with them.
- Graduating Class of 2020 Ceremony: Friday, May 7. Doors open at 1 p.m. for graduates and faculty processional. Ceremony begins at 2 p.m. with the Arch Ceremony to follow.
- Graduating Class of 2021 - Graduate Ceremony: Saturday, May 8. Doors open at 8 a.m. for graduates and faculty processional. Ceremony begins a 9 a.m. with the Arch Ceremony to follow.
- Graduating Class of 2021 - Undergraduate Ceremony: Saturday, May 8. Doors open at 2 p.m. for graduates and faculty processional. Ceremony begins at 3 p.m. with the Arch Ceremony to follow.
Undergraduate Ceremony: Doors open at 2 p.m. with a formal procession to begin at 3 p.m. Arch Ceremony will follow at approximately 5 p.m.
Each student can reserve four tickets for the live family viewing areas. Once the Ticket RSVP form as been completed, the graduate will receive information at least one week prior to Commencement with information on which family viewing area their attendees will be seated in as well as a campus map and additional instructions. Families will be asked to check-in at their location when they arrive. No physical tickets will be handed out.
Order Commencement Regalia Now!
The last day to order will be April 24, 2021.
- Order your regalia through the University Bookstore at 301 Davis St., between the normal business hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday or 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday. (Graduates are required to wear official UF regalia.)
- There is a $81 (tax included) charge for a full undergraduate commencement unit. The master’s commencement full unit price is $115 (tax included). All Pharm.D. and D.P.T. doctoral regalia will be $153 (tax included).
- Late fees will be applied to all orders on the following dates: March 15 - $5, March 29 - $10, April 5 - $20. **No orders will be accepted after April 30, 2021
Order your regalia by downloading and returning this form to the UF Bookstore. You can email it to [email protected].
Family who would like to order flowers for their graduates can do so conveniently online. Please see this note from our vendor:
We are encouraging strongly customers to take advantage of our online pre-order service, to further contribute to a safe and efficient environment for your guests and our team members. We will have a contact-free customer experience for the guests who are simply picking up their pre-purchased and reserved product. This will also increase overall physical distancing measures. The pre-order link for University of Findlay is: www.thecommencementgroup.com/universityoffindlay
Questions? Email the Office of Academic Affairs at [email protected].