Baccalaureate Worship Service
Friday, May 7, 2021 • 7 p.m.
Graduates and family members are invited to attend this ecumenical worship service. This religious service is organized and directed by graduating students from 2020 and 2021. Facemasks and distancing required of those in attendance. Cap and gown are not required for this event.
Based on the current guidance from the State of Ohio and Hancock County, friends and family can watch their student march through the Arch in-person during our Arch Ceremony at this year's commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 7 (2020 graduates) and Saturday, May 8 (2021 graduates).
The following protocols for safety must be followed in order to provide a safe experience for all:Commencement Ceremonies
- Graduates and faculty will attend commencement ceremonies in-person in the Koehler Complex and will follow facial-covering and physical distancing guidelines. They will have the Arch Ceremony processional following Commencement.
- Unfortunately, families are not permitted in the Koehler Center. Families will be able to watch the ceremonies live on large screens at several locations throughout campus so the University can ensure the capacity and physical distancing guidelines can be followed.
- A traditional graduation rehearsal will not be held this year. Instead, students are asked to arrive no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of their commencement so they can be directed to their r seat and receive additional instructions at that time.
- UFTV will stream the Commencement and Arch Ceremonies live on their YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCts1hDk_sBfKmJ5gGysNJ4A
- Families and friends who wish to observe the Arch Ceremony in-person may assemble on the lawn in front of Old Main at the conclusion of the Commencement Ceremonies. There will be a short pause after Commencement to allow time to arrive at the Arch.
- Families and friends must stay within the designated boundaries to observe the ceremony. 6 feet between groups of guests must be maintained at all times. Face coverings are required in outdoor settings if safe physical distancing (at least six feet) is not possible.
- Families and friends who are in a viewing location on campus may remain in that location to watch the livestream of the Arch Ceremony if they choose.
- UF will have photographers at the Arch and will post photos of graduates to Flickr.
- Following the conclusion of the Arch Ceremony, graduates and family are welcome to take pictures around campus and around the Arch, provided safe social distancing is maintained.
- The Arch Ceremonies will also be streamed live on the University's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/universityfindlay
We understand that these limitations on Commencement may not allow our students, families and campus community to celebrate fully. However, we hope that by being able to offer our graduates the chance to walk across that stage, hear their name read, and then march through the Arch that they are still able to celebrate all that they have accomplished. We are very proud of our Oilers and we are looking forward to this chance to celebrate with them.
- Graduating Class of 2020 Ceremony: Friday, May 7. Doors open at 1 p.m. for graduates and faculty processional. Ceremony begins at 2 p.m. with the Arch Ceremony to follow.
- Graduating Class of 2021 - Graduate Ceremony: Saturday, May 8. Doors open at 8 a.m. for graduates and faculty processional. Ceremony begins a 9 a.m. with the Arch Ceremony to follow.
- Graduating Class of 2021 - Undergraduate Ceremony: Saturday, May 8. Doors open at 2 p.m. for graduates and faculty processional. Ceremony begins at 3 p.m. with the Arch Ceremony to follow.
Undergraduate Ceremony: Doors open at 2 p.m. with a formal procession to begin at 3 p.m. Arch Ceremony will follow at approximately 5 p.m.
Each student can reserve four tickets for the live family viewing areas. Once the Ticket RSVP form as been completed, the graduate will receive information at least one week prior to Commencement with information on which family viewing area their attendees will be seated in as well as a campus map and additional instructions. Families will be asked to check-in at their location when they arrive. No physical tickets will be handed out.
Order Commencement Regalia Now!
The last day to order will be April 24, 2021.
- Order your regalia through the University Bookstore at 301 Davis St., between the normal business hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday or 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday. (Graduates are required to wear official UF regalia.)
- There is a $81 (tax included) charge for a full undergraduate commencement unit. The master’s commencement full unit price is $115 (tax included). All Pharm.D. and D.P.T. doctoral regalia will be $153 (tax included).
- Late fees will be applied to all orders on the following dates: March 15 - $5, March 29 - $10, April 5 - $20. **No orders will be accepted after April 30, 2021
Order your regalia by downloading and returning this form to the UF Bookstore. You can email it to [email protected].
Family who would like to order flowers for their graduates can do so conveniently online. Please see this note from our vendor:
We are encouraging strongly customers to take advantage of our online pre-order service, to further contribute to a safe and efficient environment for your guests and our team members. We will have a contact-free customer experience for the guests who are simply picking up their pre-purchased and reserved product. This will also increase overall physical distancing measures. The pre-order link for University of Findlay is: www.thecommencementgroup.com/universityoffindlay
Visit the Mazza Museum Gift Shop
University of Findlay's Mazza Museum will have open Gift Shop hours during commencement weekend! Visitors are required to wear a mask and comply with our maximum occupancy of 20 guests at a time. We hope to see you!
Mazza Museum Gift Shop Hours:
- Friday, May 7: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 8: 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Commencement Questions? Email the Office of Academic Affairs at [email protected].