Award Nomination Process
Any interested person may submit a nomination for a University of Findlay Alumni Award.
- Current members and families of the Alumni Board of Governors are ineligible. Current faculty and staff of the University of Findlay are only eligible for the Arch Award.
- Award nominations are reviewed by the Recognition Committee of the Alumni Association Board of Governors.
- Award nominations will be carried over for three years, if not selected the first year of nomination consideration or until relevant age limitation is reached.
- Recipients are expected to return to campus to attend the awards ceremony for which they are being honored.
All nominations should include the following and are due by Feb. 28 to be considered for Homecoming of that same year.
- Completed nomination form by nominator (link below)
- Supporting information (Office of Alumni, Parents and Friends will request from nominee):
- Resume or professional vita
- Articles by or about the nominee
- Any other documents supporting the nomination
All nomination forms and materials submitted, along with additional research from our Advancement Services Prospect Research Department, will be provided to the Recognition Committee of the Alumni Board of Governors.
Honorary Alumni Award
This is the highest honor given by the University of Findlay. The award shall be presented to individuals who are not graduates of the University of Findlay and who have made significant contributions to the University's welfare, reputation and prestige. Awards may be granted at any time during the academic year and up to two annually.
Click the button below to nominate an individual for the Honorary Alumni Award.
Distinguished Alumni Award
This award shall be presented to members of the Alumni Association who, by their personal example, have exhibited the highest standards of individual achievement in professional and/or personal endeavors; who have demonstrated loyalty and support of this institution and who, through dedicated service, have contributed to the advancement of all humanity. No candidate shall be considered eligible for the award prior to the completion of 10 years' status as an alumnus/a of this institution.
Click the button below to nominate a Findlay graduate for the Distinguished Alumni Award.
For a listing of past Distinguished Alumni Award recipients, click here.
The Old Main Award
This award shall be presented to UF alumni who have demonstrated distinctive achievements in a chosen career, civic involvement and/or service to the University of Findlay and have not reached the age of 36. The recipients of this award shall still be eligible to receive the Distinguished Alumni Award at a later time.
Click the button below to nominate at Findlay graduate for the Old Main Award.
For a listing of past Old Main Award recipients, click here.
The Gold Medallion Award
The award is presented posthumously to deceased alumni who had superb records of distinguished career accomplishments and had made outstanding contributions to their profession, to the University of Findlay and/or to their community but have not been appropriately recognized by the University prior to their death.
Click the button below to nominate a Findlay graduate for the Gold Medallion Award.
For a listing of past Gold Medallion Award recipients, click here.
The Arch Award
This award shall be presented to a member of the University of Findlay community who, by personal example, has demonstrated loyalty and support of this institution. The recipient of this award must have a total of 25 years of service to the University and must not hold a degree from the institution.
Click the button below to nominate a member of the University of Findlay community for the Arch Award.
Printable Nomination Form
For a listing of past Arch Award recipients, click here.