Become a well-rounded horseman
The third year of the Western Equestrian program helps to develop you into a well-rounded and diversely capable horseman. You are encouraged to explore what niche you can fulfill within the equine industry through the variety of specialty horses you ride in addition to green horses from our Send Your Horse to College program.
- Begin to specialize in a desired discipline, breed, or training level
- Assigned at least 3 horses each semester
- Students rotate between specialty groups including: Cutting, Western Riding, Trail, Western Pleasure
- Train at least one horse on the fundamentals of a lead change
- Demonstrations and lectures held weekly