Are you looking to change careers and make an impact in your community? Join the field of Education and make a difference in children's lives. Graduates with any bachelor's degree can join Findlay's post-baccalaureate licensure program to start moving their career path in a new direction.
Who Do You Want to Teach?
- Teach children in the early childhood years. These young students are typically filled with curiosity, energy and a sense of wonder about the world around them.
- Teach students in middle childhood and choose two different content areas. Middle Childhood students are very diverse and are really starting to form their own opinions.
- Teach students in high school. You will choose one content area to teach. High school students are likely going through life changes and benefit from an environment where their work is valued, appreciated and used as learning tools.
- Teach students over a wide range of ages and grades.
- Teach students with mild to moderate disabilities.
The University of Findlay licensure programs meet Ohio licensure requirements, candidates interested in being licensed in another state need to work with that state’s department of education to determine eligibility for the other state.
Licensure Programs State Authorization Information
"I got my undergraduate degree in communication, and I briefly did work in the field. I always had an interest in working with students and I didn't see that I was going to be able to cross paths if I kept in a career of communication so I took a leap of faith and went into education. I think taking a risk is what helped provide some of the reward I have. I could have just cautiously gone after what I know but I went into an area I didn't know much about and I think that's what contributed to my success."
Tony Fenstermaker, Superintendent of McComb School District