Innovative and environmentaly friendly science building
The University of Findlay was recognized by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for the energy-saving heating and air conditioning technologies incorporated into the new Davis Street building addition in 2012.
Our 30,000 -square foot natural sciences building boasts:
- Eight cutting-edge laboratories
- Classrooms and lecture halls
- Eight faculty offices
- Student lounges
- Geothermal heating and cooling system
- Computerized sensors to adjust the amount of light provided
- Sophisticated fume hoods that sense both human movement and the presence of chemicals, so that the hoods run when necessary, but drop to low power or shut off to save energy when not needed
- A system of piping to control rainwater runoff from the building
Situated adjacent to the life science and pharmacy areas in the existing Davis Street building, the facility provides space for a planned expansion of the pharmacy program, additional programs in diagnostic medical imaging, and the new health informatics program. Our chemistry program will benefit tremendously from the additional laboratory and classroom space.