Choose Ohio First
Scholarship is designed to significantly strengthen Ohio's competitiveness within science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (STEMM) disciplines and STEM education.
Choose Ohio First awards competitive scholarship funding to Ohio's colleges and universities to support undergraduate and qualifying graduate students in innovative academic programs. Designated Choose Ohio First programs are
- integrated with regional economies;
- meeting statewide educational needs;
- facilitating the completion of baccalaureate degrees and post-baccalaureate degrees in cost-effective manners; and
- recruiting underrepresented STEMM student groups including women and students of color.
The University of Findlay does not require an application to be considered for the Choose Ohio First scholarship. Eligible students will be selected and notified by the Office of Financial Aid. The requirements and designated programs of study are detailed below.
Undergraduate Degree Seekers:
Graduate Degree Seekers:
- Residents of Ohio who have graduated from an Ohio high school.
- Completed FAFSA.
- A high school and/or college grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- First-time STEMM degree-seeking students, including external and internal transfer students.
- Enrollment in one of the designated undergraduate programs of study listed below.
- Ohio residents returning to Ohio for graduate school after completing undergraduate studies in other states or countries.
- A college GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Enrollment in one of the designated graduate programs of study listed below.
All candidates must be willing to commit to participating in research and scholarship activities beyond the classroom requirements.
Continued eligibility is based on academic progress as well as involvement with all program-specific on- and off-campus co-curricular activities as previously conducted in past COF funding cycles. These engagement opportunities may include
- community service activities focused upon promoting STEMM within local schools;
- social events; and
- internships and/or co-ops.
Findlay's Choose Ohio First Programs
Education Health Professions Pharmacy Sciences